- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloved garlic, minced
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, undrained
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cumin
- sour cream
- HEAT oil in a 4 to 5-quart saucepan. Add onion and garlic; cook until tender. Stir in beans with their liquid, broth, Frank's RedHot® Sauce, cilantro and cumin.
- BRING to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat; simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes. Stirring often.
- REMOVE 1 cup soup mixture. Place in blender; cover and process until smooth. Stir into soup.
- SPOON soup into bowls. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.