- 125 grams popcorn kernels
- 375 grams unsalted mixed nuts
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- 125 millilitres golden syrup
- 75 grams unsalted butter
- 75 millilitres FRANK'S RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce, or Frank's RedHot® Xtra Hot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C, 300°F, Gas Mark 2. Pop the popcorn according to package directions.
- Place the popcorn and nuts in large, well-greased roasting pan and warm them for 10 minutes in the oven whilst preparing glaze.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, golden syrup, butter and Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce.
- Bring to a full boil over a medium heat, stirring constantly. Without stirring, boil for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the baking soda.
- Pour the hot syrup over the popcorn and nuts, stirring to coat well. Return to the oven and bake 20 minutes, stirring half-way through to break up.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool completely and break apart. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.